Students return to school on Wednesday 4th September 2019
First Day arrangements: Wednesday 4 September 2019
We will have a staggered start to the first day of school, as is traditional at Queensbury, to allow new students to settle in before existing students come into school. The arrangements are as follows:
- New Year 7 students should arrive in West Hall by 8.35am
- Year 12 students arrive in East Hall at 10.00am
- Years 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13 should join their tutor group in their form room at 11.30am
I would like to remind parents that when school starts again in September, all students must be in full, correct uniform, including:
- Black, formal shoes, NOT trainers or canvas shoes.
- Queensbury skirts or Queensbury trousers for girls. Plain black skirts or trousers are not acceptable.
- A blazer and tie
- No nail varnish or acrylic/gel nails
- No jewellery or piercings apart from one simple stud in each ear and a watch
Students who are not in correct uniform, including footwear (unless supported by a medical note), are expected to borrow the required item from C15. Non-compliance with this will result in isolation, in accordance with our school policy.
If your child has any items of uniform that they have outgrown or no longer need, we would very much appreciate the donation of such items to our uniform store in C15.
I would like to remind parents that although the last day of the Summer Term and first day of the Autumn Term will not be full days, attendance is compulsory and all students are expected to be in school on those days.
Thank you for your support and have a restful summer.
Senior Vice Principal